Home » Businesses » Licensing and Permits

Licensing and Permits

The Department of Business Affairs and Consumer Protection (BACP) supports businesses obtaining necessary licenses and permits.


Annual Business License

A business license through BACP is necessary for most business activities in Chicago. For information on how to obtain your annual business license, click here.


Public Way Use Permits

Public Way Use permits are required for any property-associated items located on, over, or under the public way. The BACP web portal is the platform used to apply for and renew these permits. For more information, click here. To apply, visit the online permit portal.


With any questions, please contact my office or BACP.

Join Conway’s Corner!

Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.

To read previous newsletters, click here.

Sign up for Conway's Corner!

* indicates required

View previous campaigns.

We've just launched our new site! Please contact us with questions.
Jump to Content